Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun Time Around Town, The Family's Old Home and the Beach

Today was a rather eventful day. Today after getting ready for the day, I went out and decided to complete my scavenger hunt. But first, I needed to get some lunch. I went to my favorite place, Pepper Lunch. It is really the best place ever and the portions are just perfect to fill you up and keep you satisfied. After that I went to explore all the wonderful options that there were for shopping around town. I know that much of the shopping in Japan is over-priced but I am thrilled that everything they offer almost, suits my taste and are all in petite sizing. Yess. Thank goodness the Japanese are short. I was walking to the mall when I stopped dead in my tracks at a little boutique which was like Gap meets Anthropologie meets J Crew. As I floated through e door I am greeted by two fashionable Japanese girls who begin to talk about me in Japanese. I don't care. I'm in fashion heaven. Now, I can't say for certain that they were talking about me, but it' one of those things that you pick up on, like a sixth sense. Anyways, Most of the clothes were terribly over-priced but they were having a sale. So I bought a shirt. Whoo hoo! I can't believe I'm blogging about shopping.
Later today The whole lot of us, Michael including, went to their old neighborhood to see their old house and to invite their ex-neighbors to come over for the fireworks on the 4th of July. Their old neighborhood is like picturesque Japanese. Near their house is some Buddhist monastery. Aunt Kathleen said that in the mornings on occasion the buddhist monks would come by the neighborhood performing chants and blessings on the houses and caroling to each one with their ommmms and whatnot. It must have been hard for them to move but it is a long drive from the base.
An easy walk from their house is a beach. And it's not some crappy beach. It's a kick-arse beach with plenty of soft sand, seashells and beach bars and cafes. We went to one and got ice cream. I got the green tea ice cream. We all walked along as the sun was setting, eating our delicious treats. I must say that that ice cream was the perfect end to that day. I hope we can come back there soon.

No comments: