Thursday, July 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Mt. Fuji

It's been kind of nice that this last week has been a bit slower because we are going to be busy and tired this Saturday. Apparently the bus leaves at 2 in the morning and won't get back until like 10 o clock. I won't be seeing the sunrise, but thank goodness because that means that I won't be spending the night on the mountain. The mountain isn't anything pretty except from far away, and we will be so high up that altitude sickness is common. I'm not looking forward to that too much. One nice thing is that you get a souvenir official climbing stick and it has a little flag on it and at every interval on the way up you can pay a 100 yen or so to have it branded and stamped. I sure hope everything goes well. Uncle John, Aunt Kathleen and Michael refuse to go again, seeing that they had a bad experience the first time around. But Caeli is going with me. Her and John were the only two to make it up the hill the last time they went. I've climbed Mt. St. Helens but I believe that this mountain is a bit taller. I bet I can do it.


No comments: